Thursday, July 16, 2009

How I got to work late yesterday morning:

MlleL came into bed on Tuesday night, and chased me all over in her need to have directly-next-to-me-all-the-time sleep. (This is in direct conflict with my need for no-touching-me-while-I-sleep sleep.)

Husband carried her back to her own bed somewhere around 2.

MasterP woke up somewhere around 3 with teething pain, and required Husband's particular snuggle on the couch for the rest of the morning. It was a long, cold night for everyone.

MlleL came into the bedroom at 5:30 to ask for my help with her zipper, as she was already changing to start the day. I couldn't convince her that it was still sleeping time. Thankfully, as Husband was already downstairs, I was able to buy myself another half an hour of sleep.

As I wrestled with MasterP to change his morning diaper, it fell poo down on the rug. Twice. (no, I won't tell you where). Oh, hell, that's icky. Copious use of disinfectant followed.

I made them granola from scratch for breakfast. (In the microwave - I'm no saint.)

After Husband left to catch his bus, MasterP climbed on the window ledge in the bay window and pulled the curtains down. I fell off the stool trying to put them back up. (I'm fine.)

As I was brushing MlleL's hair, MasterP walked up and blew his nose on my skirt. As I looked at him in shock, he laughed and tried to do it again. He was very offended when I refused him.

I spent a little while looking for my eye shadow brush. I think someone stole it. I had to apply with my fingers, but in the meantime, if you find a little silver brush, the length of a pencil, you'll know whose it is.

MasterP threw all the balls he could find into the crack between the stove and the dishwasher.

I washed the cherries and sorted out the icky ones so that they won't continue to collect flies and we won't waste them. (Also in a pre-emptive move so that the new babysitter coming last night wouldn't wonder at my slovenliness.)

The crock pot turned itself off (or someone turned it off when I wasn't looking - which I also suspect, as both of them can reach the counter and love to push buttons). I turned it back on, and when I left, it was still on, so fingers crossed.

I caught MasterP and managed to get his shoes and his sweater on.

I finally dropped them off at 8:25.

I bought me a large latte at 10:20.

No comments: