Monday, June 1, 2009

And by the way?

We did it.

Janey and I totally did it. We ran the 10k. There's even photographic proof of it. Heh. Am I ever glad that I listened when I crossed the start line and posed when crossing the finish.

Cause' I saw unposed photos of me, and do I always do that with my lips? I guess so, cause' upon viewing the proofs, Husband said, oh, you're doing the lip thing.

Seriously? I walk around with that face on? Y'all never told me?

Sigh.

It was long, and awesome, and as anticipated, I spent the majority of the race staring at Janey's ass while I tried to catch her, except for the part at the 7k mark where she looked behind her for permission to open up and left me so quickly I didn't even see her go.

Crossing that line a full six minutes behind Janey was one of the best feelings ever. Having worked so hard for something physical like that and finally achieving it with grace... I was happy to have shaved about 6 minutes off my own training time of chug, chug, chug, which boss-man says is 'substantial' (because I work on a team that checked my time pretty much the same time I did) and I wore the timing bracelet boss-man's boss made for me with printer paper and packing tape (no, look in the photo - that's the white band on my arm, just above the watch which is most definitely not a sports watch. So much for self timing.)

It was so, so, tear bringingly good that I'm letting Janey use that feeling to talk me into signing up for something even greater. Something even longer, in September. On the weekend exactly between our birthdays.

I'm not even sure what to say about it, other than I hope it doesn't rain much this summer!!

No comments: