Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swoonedy Swoon

Somehow, as I was discussing a file with a colleague and sat down at the teleconference table for today's fed-prov call, I looked to my right and found myself face-to-face with the ADM most recently described in the MacLeans blog 'Inside the Queensway' as 'adorably nervous' and nicknamed 'Young F'. He is, ADMly speaking, younger. He's also a blonde dutchman, so he's probably a little older than his features allow.

He's the federal co-chair of the fed-prov forum my team leads, so we work fairly closely with him, although, as I am only a lowly senior analyst, we rarely speak. And certainly, never, never during these teleconferences. I usually just try to appear alert and brainy each time his line of sight drifts my way during the conversation.

Half way through today's call, however, he shifted in his chair, leaned in, put his hand in the small of my back, and spoke in a low voice in my ear. True, it was to ask if I had written down the commitments of each Province in the round table in detail (which I had), but still.....

No comments: