Friday, September 25, 2009

putting a name on the secret

Dudes.

I'm a guinea pig.

It began with that secret I told you about, and swiftly (well, you know, for a dermatologist) turned into a trip to a dermatologist and allergy testing.

When we had the appointment on Wednesday, the Doctor was very animated, indicating she thought that I would be an 'excellent case' and very well may result in her publishing the results. Awesome! I'm gonna be famous!!!

I thought we were talking about 10 or 15 test spots. We were actually talking about more than 125. And surgical tape from my shoulders to my waistband. Meanwhile, I'll be here until Monday with my entire back looking like the result of an alien attack, and trying to bathe without getting it wet.

Short of the bugs'n'honey diet, I'm beginning to feel much in common with John the Baptist and his hair shirt.

In short, it's not nice. It's a little too warm, very, very itchy, and a constant reminder of my evil deeds through shopping.

No comments: