Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wooooo Girls

Two male colleagues, one who's known me well for years, and one who's worked with me for a few weeks recently started conversations with me the same way.

Exhibit A: "Take what you will from this question, but try not to get too excited...."
Exhibit B: "Try not to get too excited, but...."

Hmm. (to their credit, my almost immediate response was heeeeeeeeeeee! So they might have had a point.)

Someone else recently told me that my Facebook profile shot looks fantastic, and that "I'm one of the smiliest people" she knows. Really?

Is that how people see me? Flying off the handle with cheering at the happy life news of colleagues?

Should I be renting a hummer now?

Or is this all more irrefutable evidence of my long-held claim??

I shoulda been a cheerleader, man. It's my calling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely when I think of you, I think of you laughing. And you certainly have enthusiasm in spades. But cheerleader? For some reason, I can't see it. To me, "cheerleader" excitement is hollow, on demand, "I'm excited just because I'm excited."

You? You laugh, but it's that sly, "isn't this delicious?" laugh of yours, and your enthusiasm is always *for* something. Not just anything, but for something *real*. I can't see you, for example, being traded to another team and just picking up your pom-poms and cheering as hard for the other side. Know what I mean?

That's a compliment, by the way. For some reason, these last weeks, my compliments have been not well-received. :)

Anonymous said...

And now I have to leave another comment because the captcha wants me to type "pustsy" and I can't pass up the opportunity to type pustsy.

Deviated Septum said...

I think you would be a great cheerleader!