Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shameless self promotion

I see you have a minor in Journalism, he said to me yesterday, do you consider yourself to be a good writer?

Well, I said, That was some time ago (like 1993), but I do like to think that I am a strong writer....

Do you write outside of work, he asked?

Actually, I said, I do. I have a blog' that I keep.

Do you have a lot of visits, she asked?

Well, I said, it's rather new. Not a lot of people know about it, but I do have some folk who aren't my direct friends and family who sometimes read....... (right?) And I think that must be a measure of success. (right?)

Hmm, they nodded.

Apparently, this had been the right thing to say.

But it brings me to a second thought. I must learn the art of shameless self promotion.

Program, I can promote you. Not-so-secret life? Sorry about that. We need a comms plan.

Something more than Facebook....

No comments: