Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thanks..... I think

Last time I came back to work after MlleL, I had the following conversation:

"You know, you're doing pretty good after the baby. I mean, some women, after they have kids, they turn into a f***ing nightmare, you know what I mean?"

"Um yes. Thanks. I mean, I should get a t-shirt with that on it, right? Katie Valentine, no f***ing nightmare!"

This time, it was boss lady:

"You know, I really do have to say again that you look in amazing shape. I mean, a lot of times, after women have babies, you know (gesticulating widely at her hips) but not you!"

"WOW. I mean, thanks. Well, I really can't afford all new work clothes, so it was pretty much my only choice"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it to boss lady to have zero tact!

Some kind of Mom said...

Wow. She sounds like a gem.