Wednesday, June 11, 2008

this post brought to you by a 700 year old.

Ok.

I realize I'm in my 30s. But it wasn't so very long ago that I was in my 20s. And for quite some time between then and now, I frequented the Jacob Annexe (now Connexion) at South Keys. So much so that the staff recognized us, Husband and I.

But somehow, after I've had the chillens, something has changed in our relationship. I feel dismissed and old. But I don't think it's all me. The clothes look super-cheap. What has gone wrong?

MasterP and I walked in today, ready to spend money on some reasonably trendy looking summer clothes. I was even ready to shop in size larger than I require in other stores. So I grabbed a bunch of things - I was really hoping for tops, as somehow, I've gotten much taller since I've had kids - and headed to the dressing room the staff member picked out for me.

It was just large enough for the stroller and me. Not large enough for the stroller and me and the actual trying of crappy cheap clothes on. Which I did, awkwardly contorted around MasterP. And was thoroughly disappointed with what resulted.

So I was forced to head down the strip - because if it's not at South Keys, these days, I don't go - to this store, where I fit a considerable range of clothes in a much smaller size. Me and all the blue haireds shopping there this afternoon were very pleased with what we bought.

Sigh. Where do the suddenly tall get their shirts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. Why? Because I can't squeeze myself into Jacob Connexion for the life of me.

I got into a blouse once, and I thought it fit okay, if kind of tight and hoochily.

Turns out it was supposed to be a peasant blouse.

Some kind of Mom said...

If they shirts aren't super cheap, they look like maternity wear these days! I've had awesome luck at Winners. The trick is you have to try on about 20 things to find 1 or 2 that fit perfectly. But I find that the things I do find are really nice and fit me perfectly.

Although once I was shopping in the hip 20 and under section, and I overheard these two obnoxious girls say "what's she doing shopping in this section." The nerve.