Monday, May 26, 2008

You can call out my name....

I've been thinking a lot about Facebook lately, and the return of old friends. I guess that's what it's for and all, but it's pretty entertaining to me anyhow.

I have had a number of old friends cross my paths lately. First, in the gym, I ran into someone who had been a very close friend until I realized she was kinda mean. To me, and to my other friends who had flown into town for my wedding. She made some of them cry, and others so stressed out that they screamed at homeless people. And she poked my fat - the stuff right above the back of my bra strap. I just couldn't really forgive all of that, so I generally stopped calling. It's been a while since I'd seen her - and it was amazing to think she didn't know about MlleL, let alone MasterP, but there you are. We polite talked, and now sometimes wave, but that's about it.

Second, one of the B1 Babes found me on Facebook. For those not in the know, B1 was the first dorm/Rez I stayed in at LSSU - a suite filled with 7 roomates. It's been a good 17 years since we lived together - back when my stories weren't about childrens and breast pumps, and usually started 'oh, my god, there was this time I was so drunk....' Sigh.

Finally, my bestest friend from Grad School found me again. She's teaching in Texas as a PHD, and Facebooked me. My friend Janey reminds me of her so much - the same sense of humour, same love of books (both English undergrads gone bad...) I stood in her Vegas wedding, and she stood in the restaurant wedding for me.

A few years ago, we drifted apart. I always wondered why - but was really happy to hear from her again.

Who knows who else lurks around the corner??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wait till the first time you notice your friend count go DOWN. You will not rest till you find the deleter. Trust me.