Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lessons learned this weekend

1) When your Caribbean friend invites you to her wedding shower and says "well, 3ish. We're not so organized on start times" believe her. Don't get the kids up from their nap to be there only one hour late. People won't even have had time to change yet.

2) If you insist on arriving that early, it's handy to bring folks you know, even if they're only 3. Along the same line, it's also handy to have snacks for those folks.

3) Don't look at someone like you know them. (Seriously. I got to see someone dressed down for doing just that. It was awesome, and I'm not quite sure how you would do that, but just don't do it.)

4) Always, always look at a chair before you try to sit in it. Especially if you have the baby on your lap. (Dang. S - please, please tell them again that I'm soooo sorry!! MlleL told me that maybe I should sit in bigger chairs from now on.)

5) The party will be just as awesome as you think it will be!

Oh man. I only wish I could have stayed forever! Well, at least until I won one of those fab party games. I've totally got it figured out too.....

a. appetizers
b. bells
c. chalice
d. doves
e. engagement ring
f. flowers
g. garter
h. headpiece
i. ice sculpture
j. jewels
k. knee (the one he got down on, right??)
l. love
m. men (as in groomsmen)
n. not a dry eye in the place
o. ooooh - isn't she beautiful???
p. processional
q. quirky
r. recessional
s. shoes
t. tiara
u. unity candle
v. veil/vows
w. wedding dress
x. xylophone (could happen...)
y. Yes!
z. zzzzzzzzzzz.

SEE??? I'd have rocked it.

Now. Does anyone know if I should show up late to the wedding itself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha..your list would have been the most G rated! the others were kind of well... you get it. Yes! be on time for the actual wedding anything else...show up whenever!!

S.

Anonymous said...

Hey! S comments! Wooooo!