Thursday, September 18, 2008

Further conversations with Mrs. Maiden

When I received this fabulous creme from Mindy, and tried it out on my upper arms to see if it would help with the kp I've had all my life (hey Mindy? so far so good!!):

"Now I guess we'll see how MasterP likes it."


When I told her of achieving my summer goal early:

"Watch out for your knees."


When I told her the amusing story of Mr. Valentine (senior) arriving at our house Sunday night to babysit while Husband took me out for my surprise birthday dinner date (!!) and announcing that Husband's cousin R "might get married next month!" (more on this later)

"Just send a big gift. You shouldn't go. I never went to Uncle F's kids' weddings - Husband isn't that close to them, right?"

The Beer Fairy had kids? I don't think it's quite the same, Mom. I mean, Husband has two first cousins here in North America. They're important to him. The first time we'd met the Beer Fairy was at Mindy's wedding five years ago.

"I'm just supporting you."

Thanks, Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use that creme for EVERYTHING. It's magic. (seriously tho - I carry my tube everywhere, even bought tiny purse sized ones for when I fly...for each of my bags...sigh...I love a good creme)

Beer fairy had kids? Weeeeeird.

X Miss Mindy Dallas